Family Life Community Development Corporation
Established in 2000
The mission of Family Life Community Development Corporation is to develop and implement comprehensive and integrated educational training and social service projects. To meet the needs of income challenged underserved households living below poverty level in Caddo Parish.
**Goals and Objectives
- Address issues in the areas of youth education, behavior, values and teenage pregnancy
- Systematically structure programming to address the needs of youth and provide them with the tools to achieve success in life
- Work to enhance economic development through homeownership, credit counseling, housing development and renovation
Family Life CDC has participated in the Community Job Readiness and Training Initiative funded January 3, 2005 in the amount of $23,000, the TANF Afterschool for All program funded September 14, 2005 in the amount of $100,000, and was a recipient of the Community Development Block grant in January of 2006 in the amount of $25,000 to fund Project Absence. In July of 2009 Family Life CDC received funding in the amount of $231,362 for the Homelessness Prevention and Rapid Re-Housing Program under the American Recovery and Reinvestment Act of 2009. This program provided services through July of 2011. Our organization has also fostered forums, motivational seminars, counseling, social and educational activities to address the needs of South West Shreveport, Louisiana.
**Areas of Training
- Teenage Pregnancy and Abstinence Program-Mentoring, counseling and seminars related to sexual abstinence.
- Alcoholic Anonymous and Substance Abuse Program-12 step holist program and counseling for alcohol and substance abuse
- Safe Drug-Free After School Tutorial Program
- Homebuyer and Credit Counseling Program
- Ex-Offender and Community Service Program
- School Suspension and Intervention Program (SSIP)-Enrichment program for middle and high school students expelled for 10 days or less.
- Homeless Prevention and Rapid Re-Housing Program (HPRP) - Emergency assistance program aimed to prevent homelessness in low income communities.
Our organization plans to continue service to the community by providing:
1.) After school programs for students in our community.
2.) Financial planning for seminars to inform young adults on financial security.
3.) Fbstinence programs to provide youth with information on sex and the consequences of risky behaviors.
4.) Emergency assistance to families who have been victims of a natural disasters.